The Orange Legionnaire Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook?

+7
Bad Orange Boys Of Dayton
Bergkamp
DaytonLion
theorangefront
come_on_you_lions22
Clockwork Orange
TheOrangeLegionnaire
11 posters

Go down

Where should the supporters section be?

Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? I_vote_lcap27%Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? I_vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? I_vote_lcap55%Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? I_vote_lcap0%Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? I_vote_lcap18%Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? Empty Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook?

Post  TheOrangeLegionnaire Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? 1astad10

Where do you think the Orange Legion supporters section should be? I figure that the regular spectators will likely be in the main stand. Therefore, 2-4 may be the most likely options. Also, there are unlikely to be any visiting fans except for the Crew vs. Dayton Dutch Lion showdown on June 19th, so the visiting stand is an option as well.

You can vote in the poll here or on The Orange Legionnaire main page.
TheOrangeLegionnaire
TheOrangeLegionnaire

Back to top Go down

Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? Empty Re: Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook?

Post  Clockwork Orange Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:49 pm

I say in Visitor Section because I think not many people will sit there and they won't complain about the chanting etc... Also since there won't be many fans over there we can grow and it doesn't matter how much space we take up.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange

Back to top Go down

Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook? Empty Re: Where should the supporters section be at Bellbrook?

Post  TheOrangeLegionnaire Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Good point man. I agree with that, probably would be the best place.
TheOrangeLegionnaire
TheOrangeLegionnaire

Back to top Go down

Post  come_on_you_lions22 Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:34 pm

I believe that we should use the main stand, that's where the majority of people will be and our greatest source of legionnaires will be more than likely...MAIN STAND BARMY ARMY
come_on_you_lions22
come_on_you_lions22

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOrangeLegionnaire Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm

come_on_you_lions22 wrote:I believe that we should use the main stand, that's where the majority of people will be and our greatest source of legionnaires will be more than likely...MAIN STAND BARMY ARMY

Lol, yeah but some things that a supporters section does.. Like swearing and smoke bombs do not go well with families. I have heard this tug of war often between the Nordecke in Columbus and the regular Crew fans (mainly families). You want to be as far away as possible from the fan just out for a quiet afternoon.

So, yeah I would change my vote to visiting stands. Or maybe in the goal net if we can add some temporary bleachers to the two that seem to be already there on the left side.
TheOrangeLegionnaire
TheOrangeLegionnaire

Back to top Go down

Post  theorangefront Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:47 pm

I think the visiting area would be the best as well. Less people competing for seats, better chance for us to expand. A back up choice is down by the goal net. Either way we should be away from the regular fans and families as much as possible.

By the way, like the format of this forum man, much better than bigsoccer and nice avatar size.. pirat Cheers
theorangefront
theorangefront

Back to top Go down

Post  DaytonLion Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:44 pm

Visitor stand sounds good. Hello to everyone! New here, hoping this club is successful and trying to help that process. I played high school locally at Carroll and excited for this year.
DaytonLion
DaytonLion

Back to top Go down

Post  Bergkamp Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:47 pm

First of all, just wanted to express my excitement that:

1) There is a football team coming close to my home here in Ohio, and
2) That team is inspired by the Dutch philosophy.

While not I am not of Dutch ancestry, I became a lifelong fan of the Oranje after watching this goal by Dennis Bergkamp in the '94 World Cup at the age of 11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exlBHTyB1R0&NR=1

I vote for visitors' stand for the same reasons you all identified. I will certainly turn out for as many games as I can make in my Netherlands apparel.
Bergkamp
Bergkamp

Back to top Go down

Post  TheOrangeLegionnaire Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:50 am

Nice post Bergkamp. I'm as well a big fan of the Netherlands attacking, free-flowing style of play. Also, just wanted to let you know you can put the youtube video on here in it's full version by clicking the movie link, four to the left of the others link above:

Cheers. Very Happy
TheOrangeLegionnaire
TheOrangeLegionnaire

Back to top Go down

Post  come_on_you_lions22 Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:47 am

After hearing such swaying comments, I too (sincerely) change my vote to the Visitor stand, I agree that there should be a separation between the general attendance and our group of fans, I plan on buying a season ticket and being there for every game
come_on_you_lions22
come_on_you_lions22

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Orange Boys Of Dayton Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:47 am

Haha, I like your avatar come_on_you_lions. lol!

I'm for wherever we can be away from the main fans so I voted for the visitor stands.

I'm from Miamisburg and I spent some time in Italy going to some games and checking out their ultras. I just got back in the USA this past Summer and I'm glad that Dayton has a team now with this sort of style. I'm just hoping we can bring something like the European leagues to the Dayton stands.

But, sort of a bummer that the Dutch Lions don't own their stadium as with them being non-American owners, the Lion owners would probably take a blind eye to smoke bombs and etc.. But, since the Lions don't own the stadium they will probably have security on us.

Also, I went to a Crew game last Fall and hopefully the security is not like that.

Back to top Go down

Post  come_on_you_lions22 Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks Bad Oranges Boys, i didn't feel that anyone embodied the spirit of a Lion than Tilda Swinton. The visitor stand should be great and packed to gills.
come_on_you_lions22
come_on_you_lions22

Back to top Go down

Post  zsauce Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:30 pm

Visitors stands mos def. The stands behind the goal can only hold about 200 people, and I doubt that Bellbrook's Athletic Director would let any fans that close to the pitch.
zsauce
zsauce

Back to top Go down

Post  OSUBOLI Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:00 pm

I went to Bellbrook and played there. One thing I noticed about the visitor stands is that the sun in directly in your face until about halftime. I did play there before the stadium was renovated so I don't know if that has changed, but I doubt it has changed that much. Just another thing to think about.

OSUBOLI

Back to top Go down

Post  morris138 Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:34 pm

like OSUBOLI said, the sun can be pretty brutal at times in the visitors section but i think keeping ..less enthusiastic fans at a bit of a distance is always a solid idea.

morris138

Back to top Go down

Post  dgcrew09 Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:24 pm

There is no way the AD would let us use the stands behind goal. But the visitors side sounds good. The sun isn't as bad as it used to be before the renovations were done.

dgcrew09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down