The Orange Legionnaire Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DDL v. Bucks

3 posters

Go down

DDL v. Bucks Empty DDL v. Bucks

Post  leapleyc Thu May 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Man I am loving this Lions team already, haven't missed a game yet and do not plan to. Unfortunately, I cannot make the trip Saturday to Michigan. Looking at PDL news and results, it sounds like this Bucks team could be one of the major competitors in the division...not to mention more immediately for that U.S. Open berth.

Will anyone be at the game Saturday and could "tweet" game updates or anything? I am really excited to see how it goes!!!

leapleyc

Back to top Go down

DDL v. Bucks Empty Re: DDL v. Bucks

Post  TheOrangeLegionnaire Fri May 21, 2010 12:26 pm

They do have three of their U.S. U-20 defenders out as they're ironically in Holland for a tournament.

I'll be there filming. I'll see what I can do.
TheOrangeLegionnaire
TheOrangeLegionnaire

Back to top Go down

Post  leapleyc Sat May 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks for the update...I am in my hotel room in Illinois wondering about the score...glad to know the Lions are ahead at this juncture...keep it up DDL FC!

leapleyc

Back to top Go down

DDL v. Bucks Empty usa players

Post  bobd Mon May 24, 2010 7:01 am

i enjoy the team...that said it is becoming just a "dutch" team...i understand that you play your best 11....but i don'T THINK THEY ARE!!....I am a fan that travels to Beavercreek to the games and part of that was to see some American players have a chance....if this stays the same...i may as well just go to the 'Kings" games....Sonny....look at your pre-season!!!...the team played better and more as a unit!!!!!....

bobd

Back to top Go down

DDL v. Bucks Empty Re: USA Players

Post  leapleyc Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 am

I was not at the game in michigan, so I cannot speak to that, but as for what I have seen, I feel like the American players are getting a lot of chances and making some real contributions.

That being said, i do not look at the players and think "is he Dutch or American?" so maybe my perception is a little different, but I have seen significant contributions from the "yanks".

One of the most energetic and exciting players is (in my opinion) George Davis on the left wing/midfield. He plays with a great deal of intensity and makes things happen. Equally exciting is Bas Ent (sp?), his colleague on the right, a Dutch.

At the Michigan game, Jones scored the lone goal, and offensive contributions have been made by other Americans as well.

I am pretty sure there were are both Dutch players and Americans on the bench.

Although my observations are that the team has a distinctively Dutch flavor, I do not get the impression the Dutch players are receiving any better treatment or consideration than the Americans.

As for the distinction between pre-season and the current performance, with the exception of a couple late-game breakdowns in the back line against Cincy, this team appears to be playing cohesively. Interestingly, at the time I believe there were three Americans playing in back four. (not saying they were at fault, but just an observation). The Lions consistently control possession and the midfield. Finishing seems to be a concern, as does concentration in the back, but I don't see this as being a problem due to someone's nationality.

In the pre-season the team was playing "spring teams"...UC and XU fielded spring ball clubs, and the GU team was certainly well past its prime; so I am not sure that is a valid comparison.

Sorry to be long-winded, but I just don't see why the current composition of the starting 11 would motivate a fan to switch allegiance to the Kings. I see plenty of American players getting chances, and am excited to see what will develop both this year and beyond. Obviously the team was founded by veterans of the Dutch leagues, so you would expect the team to be dominated by those players early on. I have no doubt that the Dutch players have a greater understanding of Dutch tactics and probably have more refined technical abilities than their American counterparts...but as the club continues to grow and prosper, I think you will see more and more American players joining the ranks and contributing.

Just my two cents...not to be argumentative, but I like what I see from the team at this early stage.

leapleyc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum