The Orange Legionnaire Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stream for tonights game?

4 posters

Go down

Stream for tonights game? Empty Stream for tonights game?

Post  Clockwork Orange Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:06 pm

Does anybody know if there will be a stream of tonights game since it is a US Open Cup game?
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange

Back to top Go down

Stream for tonights game? Empty Re: Stream for tonights game?

Post  DutchLionFan10 Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:24 am

I know it doesn't matter now but the game was streamed on the Rochester website. It was a good stream but the commentary was horrible. They were very critical of the lions, our tactics, and the players (mainly the dutch ones). It got better in the second half when Den Ouden (their main target) was subbed off. They really ripped Den Ouden calling him soft and expected him to be more physical given that he has played in Holland. They most not watch anything outside the EPL because the dutch league is not a very physical one.

We didn't play well in the first half but we did better in the second and were unlucky not to get at least one goal.

DutchLionFan10

Back to top Go down

Stream for tonights game? Empty The Stream

Post  leapleyc Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:56 am

The Rhinos did stream the first round game. The video was ok, but the commentary was awful. The commentators clearly had minimal football knowledge, and were incredibly condescending to the Lions. At one point the commentators even stated they looked like a 6-year old team...even though the vast majority of the players on the field have far more successful careers than those two commentators had combined.

I am truly amazed a team with such a storied past as the Rhinos have to resort to those two losers for their commentary, of course we all know the Rhinos have hit on hard times.

Nevertheless, it was nice to be able to see the game, even if we did have to endure the ridiculously stupid comments made by those two fools. As the above poster implied, the commentator's comments were not based so much on any actual observations as they seemed to be based on either jealousy or frustration that the Lions players had more impressive resumes than the Rhinos, because they consistently berated and belittled the Dutch players in particular. Numerous times the commentators could be heard laughing in the background. It was incredibly highly unprofessional and reflects poorly on the Rhinos as an institution. If that is they way the Rhinos handle their program it is little wonder that the stadium was less than 1/10 full for the game.

More on the subject of the game itself, the Lions were very disappointing in the first half, but really dominated the second. So I saw a lot of promising things, especially with the substitutions made around the halftime intermission.

leapleyc

Back to top Go down

Post  DutchLionFan10 Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:06 am

I totally agree they were obviously being biased to Rochester but I think they went over the top. They criticised Silooy by saying he wasn't coaching he was just sitting on the bench, not changing tactics after we conceded, etc. They made it sound like with Silooy's background that we should be up 10-0 or something. The players are still learning how to play with each other. The dutch players haven't been here long and the PDL season isn't long at all. The players are still blending in with each other and trying to combine both styles of play. The dutch players have grown up playing one way, same with the american players.

I'll admit we looked very flat during the first half but once Eddie Hertsenberg came on we looked a lot better. Also they kept calling Eddie, Eddie Hertsenburger Rolling Eyes They also kept commenting on how Bas and George weren't tracking back enough and how it left a lot of space in the midfield.

We did a lot better in the second half and should have scored at least one goal. A few players really impressed me and I think held their own. I could see some of them playing at least at USL-1 level in the near future.

DutchLionFan10

Back to top Go down

Stream for tonights game? Empty Agreed

Post  UDaytonSoccer98 Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:35 am

I created an account just to address this. How unreal was that commentary? I have played soccer my entire life, graduating from UD in '98 and then spending a few years in lower professional divisions in the states and abroad before returning to the states. Now I coach and develop young talent. Over the years I have heard a lot of very biased commentary...but it is one thing t be biased for your own team (i.e....."so and so is good" or "we are really dominating"). It is another thing entirely to be biased simply AGAINST the opponent. That is what happened Tuesday night, and I am still appalled.

Those so-called "commentators" should be ashamed of themselves, and the Rhinos management really needs to address that.

Anyway, glad I was not the only one to observe their behavior and the quality of their "commentary".

We may have lost, but at least we did so with class...their win was anything but "classy"...and the unfortunate thing is, the Rhinos team played a hell of a game and there is some decent talent out there. This is destroyed by the commentary.

UDaytonSoccer98

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down